PA REGISTERED SINCE 1984
RESIDENTIAL AND SMALL COMMERCIAL DESIGN
ADDITIONS, RENOVATIONS, AND NEW CONSTRUCTION
Most of my work is small and medium sized construction. I like to create delightful spaces to live and work in, new design that reflects the 21st century, and regional style architecture that reflects the time, place, and culture. I find inspiration in the client and the special characteristics of the site, and I believe the most important aspect of architecture is to relate to the site, both functionally and visually.
A person might contract for building construction only a few times in his or her lifetime. Buildings are expensive to construct, operate, and maintain. As a result, living or working in a poorly designed building can be disappointing, to say the least. An Architect can help the Client visualize space, analyze the use of that space, and communicate details with the Contractor.
Time spent in the planning stage before the start of construction is an investment that results in easier living and more value per square foot. The building design should feature:
- practicality and convenient living,
- efficient working spaces,
- furniture placement and activity areas,
- minimal construction material waste and building maintenance, and
- energy efficiency and passive solar opportunities through site planning.
Renderings are a highly valuable service, enabling a Client to view options during the design stage of a project by:
- visualization of exteriors and interiors from any angle or distance,
- visualization of material options, colors, textures, furniture arrangements, landscaping, and lighting,
- better visualization of flow and the size of spaces, and
- anticipation of changes, and the costs, before construction begins.
American Institute of Architects
Construction Specifications Institute